with the bold text in the example below: The Skychi Travel Guide : Chicago's Newest Tourist Attraction: "The Obama Kissing Rock"

Thursday, September 13, 2012

Chicago's Newest Tourist Attraction: "The Obama Kissing Rock"

On this site President Barack Obama first kissed Michelle Obama
"On our first date, I treated her to the finest ice cream Baskin-Robbins had to offer, our dinner table doubling as the curb. I kissed her and it tasted like chocolate." President Barak Obama
From an Interview in O, The Oprah Magazine, Feb. 2007
On this site President Barack Obama first kissed Michelle Obama


This is the most romantic gesture that I have ever seen by a man who truly loves his woman, POTUS. True love still does exist!

I read about this rock on The Grio. I just had to visit it, even without kissing partner in tow.

I have named this place "The Obama Kissing Rock". This act of love is so romantic to me. I can just see couples going there to celebrate and kiss on Sweetest Day, Valentine's Day, weddings, and anniversaries.

The "Obama Kissing Rock" is a 3,000 pound granite boulder located at 53rd & Dorchester in front of a Subway Shop that was once a Baskin-Robbins Ice Cream Shop.

My family and I frequented the Baskin-Robbins many times after school when my offspring attended Murray Language Academy which is a block away.


Janice Temple next to the Obama Rock
Janice Temple next to the Obama Rock



The OBAMA Rock is located in front of the Subway Restaurant 1400 East 53rd Street Dorchester Commons Shopping Center (Hyde Park) Chicago, IL 60615.